Monday, December 8, 2008

A BAD DAY-- but praise God.

Today Mason is having a hard time breathing, which actually started last night. I didn't want to take him to the babysitter because I'd worry about him all day. But, reluctantly I got ready for work and had the kids ready. I had just started the car to warm it up for the kids when what should happen??... Mason threw up. Well, I guess there's my reason to stay home.
I called off, and sat with Mason and continued to listen to his rattly breathing. He coughed every 5-10 seconds and sounded short of breath or coughed whenever he spoke. (This has been happening every so often since May) I decided to call the pediatrician, even though I call every time he's this way and they always say he's fine, just take albuterol syrup.
Today was a miracle!! I must of said the right thing to the nurse on the phone and she let me have an appointment. Then while seeing the doctor he listened, heard and saw what I see. Not that I want my baby to be sick, but I know in my heart something is going on with his lungs. The doctor gave him a nebulizer and he is to have treatments 3 times a day for about 5 days. The doctor diagnosed him with viral induced asthma. This is a start to figuring out what's going on with my little guy. Thank you Dr. Miller!! :)

No comments:

Thanks for joining us!

Welcome to our family blog where we share special thoughts and random pictures!! Feel free to leave a message :)